The terms below set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to whenever you agree to let us perform a service or repair.
Please read all the legal stuff carefully and know your rights! Your use of the aGeek services is governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
In these terms and conditions, references to “we” and “us” are to Ageek PCB Techserv Ltd. trading as “aGeek”. If you have any problems we would recommend you e-mail us at email@example.com however if you prefer to write we can be contacted at: aGeek Customer Services 73 West Bars Chesterfield S40 1BA
By ordering services from aGeek you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to.
Services Order Process
When you have selected the services you want we will endeavour to quantify the expected costs to you (The “Quote”). The total quote will be the price of the services & goods you order. Our contract with you is not legally binding until the moment we begin to undertake assessment or purchase goods for your job or, in the case of on-site visits, when we set off from our Depot. You may cancel at any time up to this point. If you order more than one service each service may be cancelled separately for any reason.
You must allow us:
• at least one telephone number, primarily a mobile, an email address if available and the address of a competent adult;
• a full correspondence address;
• details of someone who is an adult (over 18 yrs of age), who has a basic knowledge of the service required or any problems encountered and if relevant is a person with administrator level access and who is able to give their agreement to follow our reasonable instructions;
• all equipment being serviced and peripheral hardware and any relevant software recovery disk(s) (or other media);
• to have the full and complete history of the damage or problem or job to facilitate a remedy.
Failure to comply may result in extra costs or the voiding of the Contract.
Once work has commenced:
• we will take all reasonable steps to ensure you are kept informed of any discoveries or changes at all stages immediately or as soon as practicable; and
• any physical damage can mean it is unlikely that items can be re-assembled if you do not proceed to repair, and;
• where physical damage is responsible, due to the nature of service or repair work, we may discover problems that were not apparent on first inspection or until the initially quoted repair is completed; and
• further discovered problem may result in a further charge to you for which we do not and cannot accept any liability for; and
• we may have to make the repair as part of the diagnosis process. This is chargeable and irreversible; and
• we will confirm whether the initial quote stands or whether other or further work is required as and when it becomes apparent, and;
• we will confirm whether in our opinion the service is beyond economic repair (BER).
Fees, Payment & Refunds
We accept card payments by Mastercard, Visa, Delta, Maestro but for the up-to-date position please ask in store, subject to type of card. Payment is due when work commences and payable upon collection. Any refunds will be made to the credit or debit card used for purchase. All prices and charges are in UK pounds. They include any VAT payable.
The Client may pay by Acceptable Payment Methods:
ACCEPTED WITHOUT SURCHARGE: • CASH – Bank Of England Notes ONLY • Debit Card (including corporate debit cards) • Fastpay/ Bank Transfer to our Bank
ACCEPTED WITH SURCHARGE: • A 2.0% surcharge on ALL corporate / commercial / business credit card payments
NOT ACCEPTED • Personal Credit Card Payments without prior agreement at start of the Contract • Paypal, Apple Pay and other methods • Cheques & Postal Orders
IMPORTANT: We try very hard to ensure that all information is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a service or product you have ordered, we may cancel your order. We will contact you where we become aware of an error and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it.
Warranties & Returns
To be clear a warranty is not insurance. External physical causes such as damage (whether accidental or not) and wear and tear are excluded. These exclusions are also faults caused by the failure of other components after the repair has taken place, or by faults caused through the incorrect use of software or downloaded material, or by faults or failures caused by you failing to follow our recommendations and instructions, or by faults arising from accidental or intentional damage or incorrect use of the product. We must be allowed a reasonable length of time to test and verify any returned item. Therefore refunds may not be instantaneous nor immediate. Retail Customers may be entitled to further statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA15). Business Customers may be entitled to further statutory rights under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
Please see our Warranty & Returns Policy HERE.
Specific Refund Exclusions: Some services do not by their nature have the possibility of a refund, e.g.:
• Chemical Liquid Damage Revival, whether successfully completed or not, and;
• VHS or audio-visual transfer service,and;
• Special Orders – Except were faulty as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA15).
• Activated Software Licences and associated goods – Except were faulty as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA15).
For faulty opened or used goods we follow the Consumer Rights Act 2015. We must be allowed a reasonable period of time to ascertain the cause of the fault. If we cancel your order before any services or goods have been delivered to or for you will receive a full refund of any charges paid in advance.
“No Fix, No Fee” Guarantee
This is only offered to domestic customers.
Ageek PCB Techserv Ltd & its trading names offers a guarantee that you will not be charged for anything in the rare occasion of us not being able to fix your computer to an adequate standard. If we cannot make the quoted repair we will not charge a fee. In this situation, you will not be charged for any parts, labour or diagnostics. You must have allowed us to attempt our service. If you stop us from carrying out the service, for whatever reason, you will be subject to a diagnosis charge as displayed in store or elsewhere. The fee is still chargeable if we make the quoted repair but we discover further underlying problems that were not apparent on first inspection or until the initially quoted repair is completed.
Exclusion: If the item being booked in requires a strip-down (Defined as a physical dismantling of the unit), the price of a strip-down is NOT subject to our No Fix No Fee Policy and will be charged whether fixable or not.
Information We Require, Your Details & Data
During the booking in of your item we will ask you for and record certain details which we require to perform the service and/or contact you afterwards. This may include your name, contact address, contact phone number and email address. We may also require the password of your device to access your computer to complete our service.
Ageek PCB Techserv Ltd & its trading names will never interrogate your data including browser histories unless specifically agreed with you prior to commencement of work and only for the purposes of said work. Ageek PCB Techserv Ltd & its trading names will keep all items seen in the usual course of our work in the strictest confidence and within and under the Data Protection Act 1998.